- Object-based scripting language supports polymorphism, encapsulation, and to some extent inheritance as well.
- Interpreted language: It doesn’t have to be compiled like Java and C which require a compiler.
1. Adding interactive behavior to web pages
2. Creating web and mobile apps
3. Building web servers and developing server applications
1. AngularJS is Google’s web development framework which provides a set of modern development and design features for rapid application development.
4. jQuery can be used when you want to extend your website and make it more interactive. Companies like Google, WordPress, and IBM rely on jQuery.
Microsoft has also developed a version of Node for Internet Of Things(IoT) applications. NodeJS is great for IoT because it’s lightweight and efficient.
It doesn’t stop there. Facebook created React, one of the most popular front-end frameworks. Facebook uses React on Facebook.com as well as Instagram and WhatsApp.
LinkedIn relies on NodeJS for its mobile site. A few years back, LinkedIn used Rails for its mobile site. As with other large Rails applications, it was slow, monolithic, and it scaled poorly.LinkedIn switched over to NodeJS to solve its scaling problems. Node’s asynchronous capabilities allowed the LinkedIn mobile site to perform more quickly than before while using fewer resources. Node also made data sharing and building APIs easier for LinkedIn developers.
Uber needs to handle loads of data in real-time. They have millions of requests coming in continuously, and that does not just hit on a page. Uber needs to track driver locations, rider locations, and incoming ride requests. It has to seamlessly sort that data and match riders as fast as possible.